    This seems strange because both are 0.18 micron CPUs designed for 133/266
    FSB.

    Any idea why this would be? Any significant differences between the CPUs?

    spoon2001, Jun 24, 2005

  2. spoon2001

    Wes Newell Guest

    And Abit says that my old KT7 board wouldn't run any XP. Now see my sig
    line.:)
    Because that's what they wanted to say?
    May be a slight more power consumption at 100% load, but that's about it.
    Now a newer Tbred B core 1900+ would draw less power. I don't know how
    close this board is to the MSI K7TPro (KT133 chipset), the first spcket A
    board they built I think, but I put a Tbred B core 2100+ in it without
    any problem and even raised the multiplier to 22x for 22x100 (2200MHz).
    You might want to consider reading some of the link below.

    Wes Newell, Jun 25, 2005