    Why is Dell charging sales tax when one orders from the Home site?

    Regards,
    Robert

    Guest, May 18, 2006

  2. Guest

    hdrdtd Guest

    I believe any company can/must charge sales tax in any state IF they have a
    place of business in that state.

    Dell now has Kiosk type stores in many states. It's a store that you can
    visit to touch and feel items and talk to salespeople and place orders. You
    can't buy things at the store and take them with you all you do is place
    orders.

    Check Dells web site to see if indeed they have one of their order stores in
    your state somewhere.

    hdrdtd, May 18, 2006

  3. Guest

    RRR_News Guest

    Nospam,
    In addition to what "hdrdtd" has stated, some states have passed laws that
    require that sales tax be charged by internet businesses. Even to the point
    of dragging them to court and getting their sales and shipping records. Many
    states are now dragging internet smoke shops to court, for these records, so
    that they can collect cigarette taxes on the purchases.

    --
    Have A Good Day
    Rich/rerat

    (RRR News) <message rule>