    but now everytime I boot there is a 10 second delay while it does an IDE
    bus scan. Is there anyway to stop that? I did set the Gigraid Raid to
    Enabled = ATA in BIOS, that was correct wasn't it?

    mark7, Jan 2, 2004

  2. mark7

    cadull Guest

    I haven't got that MB (yet), but usually you can specify 'none' instead of
    'auto' in the bios for each IDE port/master-slave that is unused or has an
    optical IDE device and they will still work. Only need auto or a specific
    configuration for HDDs.

    cadull

    cadull, Jan 2, 2004

  3. mark7

    Dominic Guest

    Here is the reply I got from Gigabyte :

    -------------------------------------
    Thank you for your kindly mail and supporting Gigabyte.
    About the issue you mentioned in your earlier mail,
    because there are many data included in the BIOS ROM, it's possible that the
    space for extra image becomes little.
    Please kindly make sure the image file is not too big and is a 600x480 and
    256 color BMP file.
    You can refer to the image at
    http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/FileList/NewTech/tech_gallery.htm.

    However, if you still cannot put image, it's because there is little space
    in the BIOS ROM. Please descrease the size of the image and try later.

    Dominic, Jan 5, 2004
  4. mark7

    Dominic Guest

    Opps this post should be for the Giga-Byte Face Wizard thread... sorry...

    Dominic, Jan 5, 2004