Why won't my Dragon+ IDE3/4 work?

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by David, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. David

    David Guest

    This is driving me crazy...

    Dragon SY-K7V Dragon Plus.

    I had a RAID0 array running fine on IDE3/4 and CD-RW and DVD as
    masters on IDE1/2. . Was given another hard drive, so thought I'd lose
    the RAID and just have IDE1 master, IDE2 master & slave, and swap the
    opticals to IDE3/4.

    Read the manual, switched the jumpers, set the BIOS - checked it all
    20 times, all exactly as per manual. But the opticals are dead. If I
    unplug the 40-pin connectors, they 'work' - i.e. lights on, they
    eject, but as soon as I plug the connector back in, they're dead. I
    know they are ok, because I've just reinstalled XP by having HDD0 as
    master on IDE1 and HDD1 master and DVD slave on IDE2.

    How the devil can I get IDE3/4 up and running? What am I missing?

    Thanks and a pint for anyone who can help.

    David.

    David, Jul 13, 2003

  2. David

    SleeperMan Guest

    Great.
    This setting may be missleading, thinking that if you don't need RAID setup,
    you shut it off, but with it you shut off entire IDE3&4 controlled, so...
    I hope you know that you must remove RAID drivers and install Ultra drivers
    for this to work, but since you say it's working, i bet you already done
    that (or maybe they are included in XP, if you have it...)
    have fun!

    OH, pint...drop by sometimes and we'll get drunk together... :-(((

    SleeperMan, Jul 13, 2003