    iBook 600; 10.3.4

    Tx,
    Rog

    Roger, Aug 8, 2004

  2. Roger

    Tom Stiller Guest

    If the computer is set to "Never" sleep, it doesn't need waking. It may
    be that only the display has gone to sleep giving the illusion that the
    processor is asleep
    That's consistent with setting the computer to never sleep.

    Tom Stiller

    PGP fingerprint = 5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3
    7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF

    Tom Stiller, Aug 8, 2004

  3. Roger

    Roger Guest

    Yup, you're right and I don't know why the heck I typed that. The
    *Screensaver* is set to "Never." The Energy Saver is set to "Automatic"
    which is "Put the computer to sleep after X minutes."

    But it does indeed, as you say, seem as if only the display is sleeping,
    as set in Energy Saver; shouldn't that require a password to wake?

    Ok, thanks again for the reply.

    Help anyone?

    Rog

    Roger, Aug 9, 2004
  4. Roger

    Tom Stiller Guest

    I don't have an iBook handy, but on my iMac it's impossible to set the
    screen sleep time value higher than the processor sleep time. The
    screen sleep slider is constrained to the range of the processor slider.
    If I set them both to "Never" and then reduce the processor slider, the
    display slider reduces along with it. Possibly your
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist file has the
    wrong permissions or is damaged.

    Tom Stiller, Aug 9, 2004