    the Abit is working very good, the only problem is the OTES system that
    actually is VERY noisy.
    Any advice would be appreciated very much.

    Gabriele Jadanza, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Gabriele Jadanza

    Kokoro Guest

    In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Gabriele Jadanza ordered an army
    of hamsters to type:

    Abits OTES system isnt that noisy at all, or at least the one on my FX5800
    isnt..yet. Will the fans that Abit are using eventually start to make
    grinding noises?

    In this group many have said that MSI cards are the best if noise is a
    problem. I'd recommend getting the best MSI card you can afford.

    Happy Gaming :)

    Kokoro, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Gabriele Jadanza

    Steve Guest

    I got a Gainward 5900 with the 2.2nsec memory from Newegg for $229 two weeks
    ago. Clocks to 460/950 perfectly stable.

    Steve, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Gabriele Jadanza

    papasurf Guest

    http://www.guru3d.com/article/content/54/

    Gainward reviewed here.

    papasurf, Dec 21, 2003
  5. Gabriele Jadanza

    papasurf Guest

    Careful; Newegg has two Gainwards at $229...get the dual fan one as it has
    faster ram if you do buy one of these.

    papasurf, Dec 21, 2003
  6. Gabriele Jadanza

    Darthy Guest

    MSI hands down...

    My Ti4200 wasn't bad... the revised model was improved (better
    cooling, so slower dan) and the 5900/Ultra afriend has is pretty much
    SILENT!! Advertising 28db on the box. It has the oddest HeatSink
    design BUT IT WORKS!!

    The box it comes with is HUGE...

    Darthy, Dec 21, 2003
  7. Gabriele Jadanza

    Dodge Tom Guest

    At Fry's tonight I almost picked ATI Radeon 9600XT for $199.99, and looked
    at its big brother 9800 which costs $249.99....and the 5900 is right in
    middle of both ATI with a price you couldn't INGORE! So I got BFG FX5900
    128mb for $199.99 and man its WORTH my money!

    Dodge Tom, Dec 24, 2003
  8. Gabriele Jadanza

    Darthy Guest

    The 5900 and 9800 are neck and neck... varies between games... but
    $200 vs $250 - I'd get the 5900 over the 9800 too. Great price for
    OFF the shelf!!

    If Nvidia had half a brain, there NEVER would have been a 5700
    series... why bother? Just sell the 5600Ultra for $125.~150...
    confusion is business I guess.

    Darthy, Dec 25, 2003
  9. Gabriele Jadanza

    Dodge Tom Guest

    When the FX5700 Ultra came out, I jumped at teh chance to grab this but
    after some research that despite the fact it has DDR II,this just only do
    14.4GB/sec. memory bandwidth while my BFG 5600 Ultra can do 12.8GB/sec.
    memory bandwidth?!? The 5900 (yawn) can do 27.2GB/sec. memory bandwidth !

    So I didn't buy FX5700 and the price on 5900 came down... the rest is
    history. I'm glad I didn't BUY 5700 Ultra!

    Dodge Tom, Dec 26, 2003