    something about a memory controller on the cpu but I don't know what it
    all means.
    Thanks

    buster, Dec 30, 2004

  2. Hi,

    on Athlon 64 the memory-controller is integrated in the cpu. So access to
    memory is a bit more efficient than the "normal" configuration where the
    m-controller is placed in the "chipset". For that they are build that way.
    IT IS.

    Dont think about "low / extra low" latency ! The resulting performance
    compared to standard / mainstream DDR PC 400 is in the lowest % and for
    normal operating not worth the higher prices -or thinking about.

    It is recommendet to buy all modules from same manufacturer to avoid some
    trubbles -better : identical modules.

    regards
    jk

    Juergen Kluth, Dec 30, 2004