    like you do on wide screen tv's.

    Thanks for letting me know,
    Pete

    Peter, Jan 23, 2008

  2. Peter

    Mike Marquis Guest

    Usually depends on your video card and not the monitor. Many can do it
    either way.

    Mike

    Mike Marquis, Jan 23, 2008

  3. Peter

    Jay B Guest

    i've tried it and its distorted... not very nice.

    Jay B, Jan 23, 2008
  4. Peter

    wm_walsh Guest

    Hi!
    That is only true on a laptop, at least as far as I know. On a desktop
    display, the "scale or not" decision is handled in the flat panel
    display. Some have a fixed setting, others will allow you to change it
    in the display's on-screen configuration menu.

    A desktop computer's video adapter could always send the signals for
    the highest resolution supported and then "fit" or stretch lower
    resolutions up to the native resolution of the panel. However, this is
    rarely seen outside of older high-end workstations that had multiple
    display resolution support but drove a fixed-frequency, fixed-
    resolution monitor.

    In any case, running the panel at its native resolution will produce
    the best picture. If this is not possible, pick a resolution whose
    aspect ratio matches that of the display to minimize distortion and
    scaling.

    William

    wm_walsh, Jan 23, 2008