Widescreen Dell Monitors and Nvidia Drivers and Game Play on Vista Ulitmate

Discussion in 'Dell' started by David, Feb 9, 2007.

  1. David

    David Guest

    I'm thinking of buying a new Dell or Samsung 22" widescreen LCD Monitor.
    I see some of the Widescreen Monitors run a 1440 x 900 resolution and other
    resolutions not listed on my video card a EVGA AGP GeForce 6600GT 128mb.
    (Nvidia Chipset). Can I use this video card with a widescreen monitor? Do I
    need the powerstrip utility http://www.entechtaiwan.com/util/ps.shtm to
    force my video card to the non standard resolutions? Or Nvidia Riva Tuner?
    Or does the Widescreen monitors come with a config file to add the
    widescreen resolutions capability? Do games like Half Life 2, Doom 3 look
    normal or are they stretched using widescreen resolutions? Anyone prefer the
    Samsung Widescreen Monitors over the Dell's?

    Computer is a Dell Dimension 4400
    OS= Vista Ultimate
    Video card = EVGA AGP GeForce 6600GT Nvidia

    TIA.
    David

    David, Feb 9, 2007

  2. David

    Tom Scales Guest

    The 6600 definately supports wide screen resolutions. They won't show up
    until they see a monitor that supports them. I run a wide screen on my
    lowly 6200 without problem.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Feb 9, 2007