WiFi ADSL Router question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Walter van Holst, Jan 19, 2004.

  1. Hello,

    I have been browsing through various user manuals of WiFi ADSL
    routers, but haven't found a WiFi broadband router that is capable of
    the following things simultaneously (with an emphasis on
    simultaneously):

    - Supporting PPTP;
    - Forwarding all traffic from the access point bit to a single IP
    adress on the internal network;
    - Forwarding all traffic from the internet connection to a second IP
    adress on the internal netwok;
    - Having a third IP address as the gateway address.

    That way I can firewall the WiFi part of the network and use IpSec on
    top of 802.1x for systems that I trust, trust the plain-vanilla
    ethernet network on the inside and have the whole bunch share the ADSL
    connection that requires PPTP to the big bad internet. Can anyone
    provide a pointer to such a beast, if it exists?

    Regards,

    Walter

    Walter van Holst, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Hello
    Im a beginner in network things.

    Have you read the manual for Ericsson ADSL Wireless Router HN294d

    Link http://194.52.43.5/hempcx/files/hn294/HN294_User_Guide.pdfink

    I have been told that this is a adwance router.
    But i dont now if this is the right router for you.

    I have one and having a hard time to configure it.
    Not ready yet with all functions.

    Regards //Harry

    Harry Hultman, Jan 20, 2004

  3. Hallo

    Have you read the user manuals for Ericsson ADSL Wireless Router HN294d

    Harry Hultman, Jan 20, 2004
  4. Walter van Holst

    Guest Guest

    And a beginner in usenet too, it seems