    The problem is, it keeps saying that the wifi card is not present.
    Where is the wireless card? Do we have to open up the laptop and
    reinstall the wireless card so it will recognize it?? Help!!

    Morgan, Apr 7, 2007

  2. Morgan

    pen Guest

    The wifi is a plug in card under the memory door on the bottom.
    The full docs for that machine can be found at this site;
    http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/latc610/en/index.htm
    While drivers may be found here, as I suspect you may need a new
    network driver. Check what your wifi card is.
    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

    pen, Apr 7, 2007

  3. Morgan

    Morgan Guest

    Thank you for the reply

    we did install the xp driver for it.. but still doesn't show up...

    Also checking the Device Manager under Network adapter, I didnt see
    any wireless adapters on there, just 3com fast ethernet controller.
    But under "other devices" it does show "network controller" with a
    yellow question mark.. does it have something to do with this?

    I tried using my brother's USB NETGEAR wireless adapter, and it works
    fine. SO theres obviously something wrong with my internal wireless
    card

    Opened up the laptop, and I believe the wireless card is from
    broadcom.

    Morgan, Apr 7, 2007
  4. Morgan

    pen Guest

    Did you try reseating the card. The docs show you how. Broadcom is
    a chip maker, the board is from Dell most likely. Enter the
    service tag
    at the support site and look up the original configuration.
    http://support.dell.com/support/top...ls?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=2&~ck=ln&lnki=0

    pen, Apr 7, 2007
  5. Morgan

    Morgan Guest

    That did the trick XD Thanks!!

    Morgan, Apr 7, 2007
  6. Morgan

    paulmd Guest

    yes. That's it. Proided you installed the driver already, select the
    "ethernet controller with the ?", and uninstall it. Then under the
    Action menu, select scan for hardware changes. See if it'll detect it
    now.

    paulmd, Apr 9, 2007