wiggled vga connector, blew out motherboard

Discussion in 'Motherboard General Discussion' started by deepspace9, Sep 3, 2012.

1. deepspace9

deepspace9

I was wondering why I was getting no video so wiggled the vga connector on my old nvidia gforce 4800 card and it blew out I suspect one of the bridges on the motherboard. I did smell a little burnt smell. Took in the pc to have a hardware LED card inserted into the pci slot and it said board is dead even though all the fans were working.

Has anyone seen this before? Yes, the msik8t master2 far is a very old board but still worked with windows xp. Just trying to figure out why this happened? The reply from the PC tech was "its just a board that is getting old" Sorry, I disagree. I used to service hundreds of PCs working in large corporations and never seen a case like this ever. The vga was held down by plastic rotatable snaps.

Now, I am looking for a new motherboard,ram,cpu and possibly video card that can run windows 2008 server satisfactorily for testing purposes. It will run all the features of server 2008.

Thanks for your input.

deepspace9, Sep 3, 2012
Ask a Question