  1. I would like to upgrade my 3000+ to a 3700+, but all I can find are the
    moble chips. Will they work on my mobo?
    TIA

    George Vangelas, Jan 1, 2007

  2. George Vangelas

    yadayada Guest

    Check the AK86-L forum at aopen.com.

    However, take a look at this 754 processor, it's venice core E6
    stepping. Only 2.2 Ghz but it's low wattage (59 watts). You can't
    really overclock an AK86-L without screwing up the various busses,
    but you probably won't notice the difference between 2.4 and 2.2 Ghz
    in most circumstances. Be sure and update your bios first.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103035

    Did I mention it's only $55 ?

    Both the 3700+ and the mobile chips are rather expensive. You'd
    probably get away cheaper buying a 939 cpu and a new motherboard.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103528

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138264

    yadayada, Jan 5, 2007