    I have a laptop - Dell 5100 and an external tablet (Genius). Can I install the tablet PC edition and use the external tablet instead of the screen

    What will I gain / loose between XP tablet and XP pro

    Thanks

    Fred, Apr 5, 2004

  2. install the tablet PC edition and use the external tablet instead of the
    screen?
    You can only install an MSDN developer version, and thus you will not get
    any recognizers. The full Tablet PC edition is ONLY available via OEM
    install on suitable devices.

    Mike Williams [MVP], Apr 5, 2004

  3. I have just installed the MSDN version on my desktop PC, but I don't see the
    problem you're reporting. Maybe we're talking about two different things,
    but it seems that the recognizers are available, on that version...

    Andrea

    Andrea Brajuka, Apr 7, 2004
  4. Folks,
    1Andrea, is all working?
    2 Do you get recognizers doing their job?
    3 The MSDN version for developers of Tablet OS?
    Mk,
    a What is the charge? b How does one get it? Download ... c Eligibility
    reqs? No?
    Fred,
    4 Are you in business by now?
    5 All is working with the EXTERNAL Tablet, the recognition is functioning?
    6 What was the price of your Genius external Tablet?
    7 It could of course be tied (Usb) to a notebook or a PC?

    8 Moreover, one could have partitioned the harddrive and had XP and Tablet
    OS, if one wished?
    9 Any other pros and cons?

    10 This might be a good and less expensive way to test Tablet OS and some
    TOS apps.
    No?
    Many thanks,
    Joe