    HyperX 3500 DDR, 1 stick?
    Thanks to all. sdlomi2
    *Sorry for cross posting, but did not which group was more fitting.

    sdlomi2, Feb 12, 2004

  2. sdlomi2

    -DraconuS- Guest

    Hi

    A7N8X and A7N8X Deluxe have no differerences in this matter.

    This is o/c what you gonna do. From 2GHz/133 to 2,4GHz/166. The mobo can
    easily handle the numbers but the cpu need a little bit luck and good
    cooling, probably with raised voltage also.

    Keep in mind that you will have only single-channel with 1 stick of memory.

    PS. You have a good reason to try to change the multiplier, but it is
    another story...

    -DraconuS-, Feb 12, 2004

  3. sdlomi2

    Doug Ramage Guest

    It should be OK - I run my XP2100 (Thoroughbred) at 2.1GHZ (12 x 175) which
    equates to an XP2600. I have run it at 2.22GHZ (= XP3200) but not with any
    long term stability.

    Doug Ramage, Feb 12, 2004
  4. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2 Guest

    Thx, Doug & DraconuS, for replying. I'm presently running my 2100 at
    12.5X167 for 2088. Have had it at several combos, but good stability runs
    out when I go much above 2200, regardless of combos. Thx again. I just may
    sell this 2100 AFTER I try a 2400 in my mobo, just raising fsb &
    cpu-volts--gonna order a retail in hopes it may be older stock and perhaps a
    better chance for an unlocked one. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2, Feb 12, 2004
  5. sdlomi2

    Gus Guest

    By the way, I'm running my 2400 at 13.5x167. Runs good

    Gus, Feb 12, 2004
  6. sdlomi2

    Doug Ramage Guest

    IIRC, the XP2100 can be a better overclocker than the XP2400 - but it will
    probably need special cooling to do more than 2.4Ghz.

    Doug Ramage, Feb 13, 2004