    the disk access improvement I could get.

    Thanks,

    Hoyt

    Bryan Williams, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Bryan Williams

    JHEM Guest

    Yes, there's an improvement in overall operation of the 600E with one of the
    newer HDs installed, and yes, it's noticeable.

    But, I don't think the improvement under "normal" operations (wordsmithing,
    small spreadsheets, email, etc.) warrants spending the money for one of the
    7200RPM drives vs. saving a few bucks with one of the 5400RPM drives such as
    the IBM/Hitachi GNX series.

    If you perform a great deal of photo rendering, database compiling or other
    HD intensive operations on your system, then the 7200RPM drive would more
    than likely be a better fit for you.

    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, Nov 19, 2003