    (HTS726060M9AT00) will work in my R31? Is it a straight swap or would
    I have to put it in one of those HD in the CD bay things?

    Cheers.

    Timmy, Nov 7, 2003

  2. Timmy

    JHEM Guest

    Yes it will fit and yes it's a straight swap.

    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, Nov 7, 2003

  3. Timmy

    Timmy Guest

    Excellent. I see the drive is the same 9.5 mm. How do you know that
    the bios will accept such a drive? I cannot find any information about
    this on IBM's Web site!

    Cheers for your help...

    Timmy, Nov 7, 2003
  4. Timmy

    JHEM Guest

    Basically, one takes it as a given. While the HDs are tested for
    compatibility on older systems, one has to assume that a one year old system
    will have no difficulty with the newer HDs.

    http://www.hgst.com/tech/techlib.nsf/techdocs/738585746F05691E86256CF3007CB298/$file/T7K60_cs.pdf

    If my now "ancient" 600s and 770s can swallow this HD, the R31 will have no
    difficulty.

    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, Nov 8, 2003
  5. Timmy

    Timmy Guest

    Ah yes, I see it has been tested with very old notebooks! My R31 is
    less than a year old so it will *probably* have no difficulties! Cool
    I will be buy one now! Thanks.

    Timmy, Nov 8, 2003