    have P4 connectors as well as ATX(?) connectors.
    (2) Is Asustek a division of Asus?
    Thx in advance, sdlomi

    sdlomi2, Mar 4, 2004

  2. sdlomi2

    Kyle Brant Guest

    | Just bought a closeout @ Staples:presario S5200NX as a get-by
    while
    | rma'ing cpu and mobo from homebuilt. It has 2.7 Cele, 512 mg ram,
    120-g hd,
    | cd-burner, & dvd/cd rom. Works good. If I slave another 10-g hd,
    ps (seems
    | to) overheats and system goes into re-booting mode over and over.
    Feel sure
    | inadequate ps is the culprit.
    | (1) How do I find out if a generic ps--got an Antec and Okia,
    with high
    | specs fit for AMD processors--will fit the Asustek mobo(do not find
    series,
    | serial no., etc.) in the Compaq?. PS's have like 28 amps on 3.3
    volt rail,
    | 35 amps on the +5 volt, 17 amps on +12 volt, and 3 amps on standby.
    Both
    | have P4 connectors as well as ATX(?) connectors.
    | (2) Is Asustek a division of Asus?
    | Thx in advance, sdlomi

    As to question No. 2:

    Read the window title bar name for this site:
    http://www.asus.com/

    (hint: it's "Asustek Computer")

    Kyle Brant, Mar 4, 2004

  3. sdlomi2

    rstlne Guest

    There are Standards
    If your motherboard is a ATX / ATX12V standard board then a new Supply
    ATX12V will work..
    It looks like your RMA'ing your cpu&mobo.. But does that mean that you didnt
    have a case or power supply for those units before?..
    Sorry, it's just that your post looks a bit confusing..
    Now as to will the AsusTek (Asus) Mobo fit into that case.. Well you would
    have to see if it will take a ATX motherboard.. You could just take a rough
    guess (does the picture look the same) heh..
    Or you can just try it.. If you sit the mobo in the case and the 6
    screwholes line up then you will be okay to use it..

    Yea.. AsusTek/Asus/Asrock/(insert a few more names here) are all part of the
    same group (asustek?)..
    just go to www.asus.com for Asus motherboards

    rstlne, Mar 5, 2004
  4. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2 Guest

    Thx, guys, and "duh to me" about Asus vs. Asustek.. I emailed Compaq
    re: generic ps working--got an answer of "yes" in about an hour. Beats so
    many neg's we read about customer support, huh?
    BTW: These are 2 UNRELATED computers--sorry about the confusion.
    Thx again for the embarrassing enlightenment. s

    sdlomi2, Mar 6, 2004