    they can fix small widespread annoyances, and can add new features.

    He said he didn't know.
    So, what do you think?

    Steven C \(Doktersteve\), Dec 16, 2003

  2. dell dosen't make the item. they are simply a middleman, a reseller, like
    amazon or any other retailer. look a the manufacturers web site for updates
    or try nomadness.org (who tell you all sorts of things that a violate your
    manufacturers warranty).

    Christopher Muto, Dec 16, 2003

  3. excuse me. i misspoke. i was thinking about the 'creative jukebox' which i
    bought from dell a couple of years ago. i see that they now offer a product
    called the 'dell digital jukebox' and see what you mean regarding lack of
    support for the device. how well they support it probably will have to do
    with how popular it becomes... good luck.

    Christopher Muto, Dec 16, 2003

  4. Well, from what i hear, it is the same innards are the creative zen, so in
    theory...
    But i havent even completed the initial charge on the unit yet (i just got
    it 40 minutes ago), so it is too early to be thinking about hacking the
    firmware.

    I do know that with my old Rio Volt cd player, you could install another
    companies firmware on it, because both companies used the same hardware, and
    this meant you could get some really neat features on it, and expand the
    life of the player, while voiding all warranties.

    Steven C. \(Doktersteve\), Dec 16, 2003