Will Gigabyte GA-7DXE Motherboard accept Leadtek A6600GT TDH AGPx8?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by LunaDemo, Oct 25, 2005.

  1. LunaDemo

    LunaDemo Guest

    Dear All,
    I intended to upgrade my video card from a FX5200 to a Leadtek Winfast
    A6600GT TDH" 128mb AGP8X.
    The problem is my GIGABYTE motherboard is very old (Gigabyte GA-7DXE)
    and it can
    only support up to AGP4X. (1.5v)
    Therefore when I went to the shop to buy it, the salesperson advised
    me to email to Leadtek to verify to make sure that the said card is
    AGP4X compatible (at least voltage-wise, i.e it can autodetect the
    mainboard AGP 2.0 type and switch to 1.5 v rather than the AGP 3.0
    design voltage of 0.8v)
    The box, nor manual of the card, does not mention anything about AGP4X.
    I have sent an email to Leadtek but while waiting for the official
    reply which might understandably take very long time, I would like to
    have your help:
    If you have a Gigabyte GA-7DXE motherboard and a said Leadtek A6600GT
    TDH AGPx8
    video card and they all work successfully without any problem or
    performance penalty.
    Please confirm for me.
    Then I will go out and buy the card straight away as it is only a
    limited offer in the store and will run out fast.
    (I also have a noname 400W PSU, hopefully the card can run on that as
    well).

    Thanks for your help.

    Regards,
    Luna.