    understand that I will have to jumper the drive to the SATA 1 spec.
    What I need help with is how to setup the BIOS and the drivers needed
    to use this drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    mlesch1439, Jun 3, 2007

  2. mlesch1439

    Bo Carlé Guest

    Hej mlesch1439
    I did the same thing, around 1 months ago.
    You dont need to jumper the sata drive!
    The harddisk "know" it should "only" run halv speed if this motherboard does
    not support sata 2!
    You must in bios tell motherboard that a sata drive is present. Set it to
    optimised default, and you are there,
    after this you can correct bios so it fit your needs. Driver(s) is included
    in/on the motherboard!
    You dont need the drive-cd for this!
    In/on my ic7-g I added a samsung 320 gig drive to sata controller 1 (off 4),
    no problem.
    I installed windows on that drive. Named it G.
    After all that Windows insisted that a raid controller must be added. (new
    hardware found)
    Do that, even you will not run a raid, like raid0 or raid1!
    Western digital drives ARE good, and "knows! how it should perform. Sata or
    Sata2
    Like you I was all over the Internet reading about jumpers to add or not.
    Dont worry, just do it. You will be happy when you observe the speed it runs
    with.
    And when your morherboard goes to motherboard-heaven, you still got a "new"
    drive.

    Bo Carlé, Jun 4, 2007

  3. mlesch1439

    GrahamU Guest

    Yes, I have a pair in RAID0 on the ICH5 controller with no issues.

    GrahamU, Jun 5, 2007