    Also im selling my other mobo and cpu on ebay, see item 3457659537

    thanks

    paul

    pwrberry, Feb 5, 2004

  2. pwrberry

    10.0.0.256 Guest

    RTFM
    ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socka/nforce2/a7n8x-x/e1461_a7n8x-x.pdf

    Your mem speed is determined by the CPU. You can run your mem on a slower
    divider, again RTFM and the answers will be revealed.

    10.0.0.256

    10.0.0.256, Feb 5, 2004

  3. pwrberry

    KB Guest

    The XP2800 runs on a 333 fsb(166x2) so you need PC2700(333)

    KB, Feb 5, 2004
  4. pwrberry

    DreamMaker Guest

    I've read that some fx5900 from mis need a psu that can manage to give
    350 watts of juce, minimum. so anything higher than that would be more
    stable on your system.

    DreamMaker, Feb 5, 2004
  5. Yes, your memory will work, as it can be run asynchronously (different speed
    from FSB). However, by doing so, you'll be denying yourself the full
    potential of the motherboard, because NForce 2 motherboards are at their
    best when the memory is run at the same speed as the FSB. You might want to
    consider saving some money by getting a Barton 2500+ and using the savings
    for some quality PC3200 memory. With this combination, it's *almost always*
    easy to overclock the 2500+ by setting the FSB to 200MHz, thus running the
    CPU at 3200+ speed. With the better memory, you can run synchronously.
    I have three such systems, all stable at 200MHz FSB with 2500+ CPU's running
    at 3200+.
    Of course, YMMV.

    Peter van der Goes, Feb 5, 2004