    Tony. (tony.cue(at)tiscali.co.uk)

    Discogs: building the definitive database of electronic music...
    http://www.discogs.com

    Tone-EQ, Sep 19, 2004

  2. Tone-EQ

    Alex Rahlis Guest

    Hi all, I have an old system with:
    VIA KT133 Motherboard
    AMD Athlon XP 1600+ Processor
    256MB 133Mhz SDRAM
    now, my motherboard died so I have to buy a new one.
    I want it based on VIA KT400 chipset, can I leave my old 1600+ Athlon,
    and use it with the new mobo?
    I really wouldn't want to by a new processor right now, but upgrade it later
    when I have the money.
    Thanks.
    Alex.

    Alex Rahlis, Sep 19, 2004

  3. Tone-EQ

    Paul Guest

    Go here:
    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx

    Click "CPU Name". Use the pulldown menus to select Athlon 1600+
    You will get a long list of boards that support the processor.

    Paul

    Paul, Sep 19, 2004
  4. Tone-EQ

    Alex Rahlis Guest

    Thanks Tone, do u know if
    A7V8X-MX SE
    or
    A7V400-MX
    will support the 1600+ Athlon also?

    Alex.

    Alex Rahlis, Sep 19, 2004
  5. Tone-EQ

    Michael Stum Guest

    * KT400 is NOT 400 MHz FSB. It's 400 MHz DDR, but only 333 MHz FSB
    * 1600+ Athlon will work.
    * SDRAM will NOT work anymore: There are no KT400 SDRAM Boards.

    Michael Stum, Sep 19, 2004