  1. Me

    Me Guest

    Will on Antec 400W work for 6800GT Sl1? TIA

    Me, Jul 5, 2005

  2. Me

    Stoneskin Guest

    Me left a note on my windscreen which said:
    Since the Antec PSUs are of generally good quality I would guess it
    probably would be stable - assuming you don't have many other devices in
    your system.

    I think I read somewhere that a 'bare' 6800GT SLI setup will use about
    300-350w of juice. Adding in a harddrive, floppy drive, soundcard and a
    few USB devices would take in near 400w perhaps. Personally I wouldn't
    go less than a 500w PSU with an SLI setup - I like a wide margin for
    error.

    FWIW I installed an Antec 550w in my SLI machine.

    Stoneskin, Jul 5, 2005

  3. Me

    Me Guest

    thanks! bought a 535 and I think I'm going for the extra card too :)
    will it be THAT much faster?

    Me, Jul 8, 2005
  4. Me

    Stoneskin Guest

    Me left a note on my windscreen which said:
    I have found it greatly depends on the individual game. Far Cry is one
    which does very well out of an SLI setup whereas San Andreas doesn't
    have any benefit since nVidia hasn't created an SLI profile for it[1].

    In real world performance games which take advantage of an SLI setup -
    assuming 1280x1024 res and games run on full detail - you can expect
    performance increases from 20% to 80% depending on the game.

    Personally I would go for a single card and upgrade to a second if I
    felt I really needed the extra performance.

    [1] You can create your own profiles but I haven't tested this with San
    Andreas.

    Stoneskin, Jul 8, 2005