    your thoughts?

    thanks
    Lucky

    chad, May 18, 2004

  2. chad

    HH Guest

    First check the Compaq FAQ re: swapping motherboards. If that doesn't deter
    you, the fact that your restore CDs won't work on a non-Compaq motherboard
    should. As for RAM, try:
    http://www.crucial.com
    They have PC100 SyncDRAM for your specific model Presario. Many Compaqs that
    came with PC100 memory get flaky when you try PC133. On others it runs fine.
    HH

    HH, May 18, 2004