    1200 parts comatible with the 1688. Just wondering if anybody replaced
    a 1688 screen with an older presario screen. Thanks in advance.

    Mike

    lifewaveenergymike, Dec 19, 2005

  2. lifewaveenergymike

    HH Guest

    Doubt seriously that they arecompatible.

    HH

    HH, Dec 19, 2005

  3. Thanks for the reply but I appreciate someone that has tried to do this
    or atleast knows if this is possible, not taking a guess that is might
    not be possible.

    lifewaveenergymike, Dec 21, 2005
  4. lifewaveenergymike

    Quaoar Guest

    HH is not "guessing". Every laptop mainboard is designed to function
    with a given set of LCD displays. Many new laptops have an 8bit switch
    that can be set for more than one display with different
    characteristics, but these LCDs are predetermined when the mainboard is
    designed and manufactured. The components of the display that are
    critical are the inverter, the CCFL, any processor that is attached to
    the video driver (some are on the display itself). There are many
    variations of these components.

    You could get lucky, but the 1200 series predates the 1688 and there is
    likely no commonality that will allow the older display to function on a
    later laptop.

    You are certainly free to do the research yourself and report your
    findings for the world to see.

    Quaoar, Dec 26, 2005