    yet. I wonder if NVIDIA will ever come up with a set of drivers that
    will allow each SLI card to run on its own processor. Any thoughts or
    web links on the topic?

    Scott, Aug 14, 2005

  2. Scott

    First of One Guest

    SLI has no direct relations with dual-core CPUs. Having each card
    communicating with only one of the two cores is not advantageous, either.

    First of One, Aug 14, 2005

  3. Scott

    Nobody Guest

    Apples and oranges, dude.

    Nobody, Aug 14, 2005
  4. Scott

    First of One Guest

    First of One, Aug 14, 2005
  5. Scott

    /mel/ Guest

    /mel/, Aug 14, 2005
  6. The new 8X.XX forceware drivers will take advantage of dual core. While the
    games themselves may be difficult to program, Nvidia has stated that they
    can use a cpu to offset some of the driver calculations away from the GPU.
    Personally, I would luv to see someone (like Realtek) make a motherboard
    chip sound driver that would take advantage of one cpu. That would do away
    with any performance issues with using the motherboard sound in games.

    Scott

    Scott Koprowski, Aug 15, 2005
  7. Scott

    First of One Guest

    Nothing solid, just wishful thinking and "what could be possible", along
    with screenshots of current games that don't benefit from HT or multi-core.

    BTW, don't misunderstand me. Since current games are usually not CPU-bound
    at high-resolutions anyway, increasing CPU horsepower one way or the other
    won't be noticeable. However, using HT or dual-core to cut 20 minutes off a
    MPEG4 encoding job, represents an enormous, tangible time saving for the
    user.

    First of One, Aug 15, 2005
  8. Scott

    J. Clarke Guest

    Just set the processor affinity in Task Manager.

    J. Clarke, Aug 15, 2005