Will this AGP card work with this motherboard?

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by KevinB, May 21, 2007.

  1. KevinB

    KevinB Guest

    For you AGP experts out there:
    Will this card (GeForce 6800XT AGP)

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814141057

    work with this motherboard?

    http://www.unitycorp.co.jp/support/download/manual/478/p4b266_m_e.pdf

    The motherboard has two settings in the bios under AGP, one is for 1x
    and the other is 4x.

    So the question is will this 4x/8x card work with the motherboard set
    to 4x?

    Also note that the motherboard will only support 1.5v AGP4x mode
    graphic cards...

    If not, (and I'm betting the answer is not) is there a good AGP 4x
    1.5V graphics card that has DVI out? Could someone recommend a nice
    affordable one, please?

    KevinB, May 21, 2007

  2. KevinB

    First of One Guest

    Amazing how much misinformation is out there... The 6800XT runs at 0.8V or
    1.5V signaling. On the Asus P4B266 it will work at 4x speed with 1.5 V
    signaling.

    Note the particular Biostar card is out of stock at Newegg.

    First of One, May 21, 2007

  3. KevinB

    Paul Guest

    [For AGP questions in the future, this page may help.]

    http://www.playtool.com/pages/agpcompat/agp.html

    Paul

    Paul, May 22, 2007
  4. KevinB

    Tecknomage Guest

    Just how old is this motherboard?

    I ask because I haven't seen the 4x/8x AGP settings in years, more
    than 10 years _if_ I remember correctly.

    If your system is old, you _may_ need a heftier power supply. These
    top-end video cards need more power and older power supplies barely
    handle the demand. My system's old power supply could not maintain
    +5vdc (+4.25vdc) with my GeForce 6600 installed. Got a better power
    supply and now have a steady +5vdc.

    Tecknomage, May 22, 2007