Will this ram work with my mobo

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Duncan, Aug 12, 2005.

  1. Duncan

    Duncan Guest

    These are my current PC specs

    AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 1.66GHz
    512mb RAM
    Radeon 9600 pro 256mb

    Kudoz 7 v2.0 Motherboard

    Im wondering if RAM with these specifications will work.

    1GB DDR SDRAM 266/333MHz, PC2100 2.5V, Non-Parity, Non-ECC, 184-pin,
    Cas Latency 2.5.

    Known to work with

    *.VIA P4X266A
    *.VIA KT266/333 (my chipset has KT266A)
    *.VIA KT600
    *.VIA PT800
    *.SIS 645
    *.SIS 648, 648FX
    *.SIS 746FX

    GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
    184 PIN Memory
    2.1/2.7 GB sec
    266/333Mhz
    2.5 Volt Module
    DIMM (DUAL IN-LINE MEMORY 128 X 4)
    Non-ECC, Non-Parity
    CAS Latency 2.5

    I also think the RAM is high density, but i dont know what that means.

    Duncan, Aug 12, 2005

  2. Duncan

    Wes Newell Guest

    The ram should work, but I see one problem, and that has to do with the
    nomenclature of PC2100. PC2100 ram is rated for 133MHz DDR266, yet you
    show it as also 166MHz (DDR333, not 333Mhz) and also with a bandwidth of
    2.7GBs which is actually the specs for PC2700 ram.
    You can look it up in search engine, but that doesn't matter to you since
    the board should support it. If in doubt, check manual and make sure it
    doesn't say you need low density.

    Wes Newell, Aug 12, 2005

  3. Duncan

    uddarts Guest

    i don’t like the possible high density and this is listed for that
    board.

    http://www.qdigrp.com/qdisite/eng/Products/Kudoz7v2.htm

    " System Memory
    Three 184 pin 2.5V DDR sockets
    Supports up to 3G DDR module maximum
    Supports 200/266 MHz PC1600 and PC2100 DDR Module (not support 4bit
    DDR 1GB memory) "

    qdi has a forum that might be the place to ask.

    http://www.qdigrp.com/qdisite/bbs_eng/forum.asp?Forum_ID=2

    ud

    uddarts, Aug 14, 2005