    in the A7N8X DeLuxe mobo? Manual says 1.5 volts, but my older AGP's do not
    specify their voltage. How can I determine compatability?
    Thanks, sdlomi

    sdlomi2, Jan 16, 2004

  2. sdlomi2

    mrgreg Guest

    3.3 volt looks like this

    output edge of card------------- |__________|-|_______________________|

    dual voltage like this

    |__________|-|_______|-|_______________|

    1.5 only like this

    |__________________|-|________________|

    compare the notch in the slot and make sure it corresponds with the notch on
    the card.
    The 2X card will not work.

    As long as it has the 1.5 volt notch it is compliant

    mrgreg, Jan 16, 2004

  3. sdlomi2

    sdlomi2 Guest

    Thank you, mrgreg. I've wondered for several months what is going on
    with these differing voltages. And your explanation is fantastic. sdlomi

    sdlomi2, Jan 16, 2004
  4. sdlomi2

    Den Guest

    I second that, early last year I tried everywhere (not this NG though) and
    I could not get any answers to these differences, apart from some very
    long winded detailed technical websites, so many thanks.

    Den

    Den, Jan 17, 2004
  5. sdlomi2

    mrgreg Guest

    No problem. I had the same questions myself so went digging around and found
    the part about the keying on the card. I think it was on the MSI website but
    not sure. I would normally snip all of the above text in a reply of this
    sort but I am just trying to keep the information visible incase anyone else
    comes looking for the same answer.

    mrgreg, Jan 18, 2004