    I can't believe MS wouldn't have something available

    Thanks,
    Reese

    Reese, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Reese

    Chris H. Guest

    The Tablet PC operating system is only available from two sources, Reese:
    (1) On an OEM Tablet PC or (2) with an MSDN subscription for developmental
    purposes only. Your old pen machine may not even support Windows 2000,
    which is why you're having a problem with it. Even if you did get the
    current Tablet PC OS, you would not get the functions you're seeking because
    your machine isn't built to today's rigid specifications.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Aug 20, 2003

  3. Reese

    Pete Wright Guest

    It's important to bear in mind that, regardless of Fujitsu's marketing
    blurb, what you have is not a TabletPC. What you have is a pen enabled
    computer.

    XP for TabletPC is the next generation OS and API extensions, and comes hand
    in hand with some fairly rigid hardware requirements covering things like
    how the pen works, the format of the digitizer behind the screen and so on.
    All these things combine to deliver a far more user-friendly experience than
    the old Pen extensions. For that reason, the Tablet PC release marks the end
    of support for Pen Extensions. I don't think you can get Pen Extensions for
    Windows 2000, so you are unfortunately stuck with either Windows 98/ME, or
    shelling out for a new computer.

    While that seems annoying, you obviously had a need to move to Windows 2000.
    What specific features of 2000 did you need to use? perhaps there is a
    solution available for you which will give you the '2000 features you
    require within 98.

    --
    Peter Wright
    Author of ADO.NET Novice To Pro, from Apress Inc.

    Pete Wright, Aug 20, 2003