    Any clue ? Solution ?

    Ta.
    RVG

    R.V. Gronoff, Nov 19, 2003

  2. R.V. Gronoff

    Quaoar Guest

    Win9x must be on the first partition.

    Quaoar, Nov 19, 2003

  3. What boot manager are you using?

    Edward J. Neth, Nov 19, 2003
  4. R.V. Gronoff

    Quaoar Guest

    That was a little short!

    From Microsloth itself:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gettingstarted/multiboot.asp

    or http://tinyurl.com/1bjz

    "As in the cases above, Windows 98 or Windows Me must be installed on a
    basic disk on a partition formatted with FAT or FAT32. If Windows 98 or
    Windows Me is not installed on the system partition, which is almost
    always the first partition on the disk, the system partition must also
    be formatted with FAT or FAT32."

    Quaoar, Nov 19, 2003
  5. R.V. Gronoff

    R.V. Gronoff Guest

    Edward J. Neth a écrit :

    Powerquest MagicBoot.

    I also got a dual boot on my desktop PC, XP on the 1st physical
    partition and 98 on the 2nd, without any problem - the partition where
    98 is installed must just be defined as primary and active.

    W98 actually installs itself perfectly on this partition of my laptop,
    but then it just stops before showing the desktop. There must be a
    hardware compatibility issue somewhere, but I can't figure out how to
    overcome it.

    R.V. Gronoff, Nov 20, 2003
  6. R.V. Gronoff

    mike Guest

    I guess I should tell my win98se installed on the third partition
    that it should stop working???
    mike

    laptops and parts Test Equipment
    Honda CB-125S