Win ME/98 XP use same ethernet NIC driver ?

Discussion in 'Compaq' started by Rob Fruth, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. Rob Fruth

    Rob Fruth Guest

    Am using a Compaq Presario 7PL290 (mini tower) with Win ME no problem but am going (have not yet) to do the Windows XP Pro upgrade, the upgrade advisor says my plane ole 10/100 base T NIC might need additional files (see below) but I didn't see XP driver(s) on compaq.com only ME/98 drivers, my xdsl uses this NIC, do ethernet NICs need different files for ME & XP ? Other things to look out for ? Thanks for any and all.

    --
    Rob Fruth - Houston, Tx
    http://web2.airmail.net/rfruth

    1981 Raleigh for errands & fun ____ __o
    1997 Trek 2300 for real fun ! ____ _ \ | _)
    2000 Civic hatchback (_)/ (_)

    "Hardware That Might Need Additional Files
    The following hardware might need additional files in order to work with Windows XP. Contact your hardware vendors to obtain Windows XP compatible updates. In many cases, if a Windows XP version is not yet available, a Windows 2000 compatible update should work. It is recommended that you obtain these drivers in advance.
    You can also view the Microsoft Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List on the Web.

    Please note that some of the following entries might be software that is registered as hardware.

    Network adapters
    Efficient Networks P.P.P.o.E. Adapter (NTSP3)

    Rob Fruth, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Rob Fruth

    doS Guest

    PPP adaptor is not your NIC...

    doS, Jul 2, 2003

  3. Rob Fruth

    Rob Fruth Guest

    PPPoE (point 2 point over Ethernet) *is* my NIC you have helped so many b4 me me doS, help me !

    PPP adaptor is not your NIC...

    Rob Fruth, Jul 2, 2003