    goes that far.

    is it an hdd failure? i have 4 of them,could it be not reading one of them?
    at the top of blue screen it says run check disk/f

    bob h, May 19, 2006

  2. bob h

    Eric Parker Guest

    D/L a disk testing utility from the manufacturer and test the ones
    involved in the install.
    D/L memtest86, burn image to CD, boot and ensure there's no problem
    with the memory.

    If neither of these identifies the problem try again here.

    Eric

    Eric Parker, May 19, 2006

  3. bob h

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Let me take a stab in the dark (it's been awhile)...

    The first number, 07b is the hardware interrupt "address". You take
    this number and divide it by 4 to get the hardware interrupt "number".
    So 7b hex divided by 4 = 1e hex. According to this table, interrupt
    1e has something to do with "Points to disk base table".

    http://ece.wpi.edu/~wrm/Courses/EE3803/Labs/roehrl.html

    So something to do with the hard disk perhaps??

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    - HAL9000, May 20, 2006
  4. bob h

    dobey Guest

    I think there are error codes if he searches the MS KB.

    dobey, May 22, 2006
  5. bob h

    - HAL9000 Guest

    More detail...

    This page calls interrupt 7b as "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE" and gives
    some possible causes.

    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

    Error codes are usually spit out by "applications". Blue screens are
    problems at the hardware level, such as a device driver or the
    operating system's kernal (hardware manager) software.

    - HAL9000, May 22, 2006
  6. bob h

    ED Guest

    Hope this helps:

    Stop: c000026c {Unable to load Device Driver}
    "\device\floppy0\%driver% device driver could not be loaded.
    Error Status was 0xc0000034
    unable to load device driver

    ED, May 23, 2006
  7. bob h

    dobey Guest

    Well, yes it would be called stop code, but it is still an error code.

    Either way if he searches the MS knowledge base he might have more luck.

    dobey, May 23, 2006
  8. bob h

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Well, there is one thing for sure, LOL, stop messages have nothing to
    do with interrupt addresses ! ! My stab in the dark was WAY OFF.
    LOL, the egg was drooling down my face.

    It does look like a good MVP driven web page though. Had to follow
    up...

    - HAL9000, May 23, 2006
  9. bob h

    0_Qed Guest

    Oops !!!!!!!1

    Qed

    0_Qed, May 23, 2006
  10. bob h

    Dylan C Guest

    I'd start by swapping out the memory....thats usually been the culprit
    in my experiences with this type of problem

    -Dylan C

    Dylan C, May 27, 2006
  11. bob h

    nos1eep Guest

    D00d=========== check disk has nothing to do with memory.

    nos1eep, May 27, 2006
  12. bob h

    TomG Guest

    one could test that with something like Memtest

    TomG, May 27, 2006
  13. bob h

    TomG Guest

    the suggestion to run checkdisk is really a generic suggestion by MS which
    frequently has nothing to do with the problem at hand. however, you could
    test the ram. on the IC7/IS7 series boards, as an example, a ram test would
    show that in many cases, the ram did not like running at the default voltage
    and needed to have the voltage raised and then things would test fine.

    TomG, May 27, 2006
  14. bob h

    bob h Guest

    this was totally a hdd failure--2 hdd's had bad sectors,and couldn't be
    repaired, and 2 hdd's wouldn't accept xp at all. so i sent all the hdd's
    back for exchange--i think they were refurbished hdd's to begin with and
    they tried to pass them off as new.

    bob h, May 28, 2006
  15. bob h

    TomG Guest

    good luck with it...

    TomG, May 28, 2006
  16. is it a copy illegal of xp you have, if yes then its the problem

    when you make updates from microcop soft, they give a gift for using an
    illegal product. to remove this headach by your copy.

    Antissn.

    if i will tell you, Jun 1, 2006
  17. bob h

    bob h Guest

    ok here's the latest--i sent back all 4 hdd's and they send me 4 new ones,
    hooked them up, tried to load win xp pro--and the EXACT same error msg again
    07b-0xf78da63c 0xc0000034 0000000000 0000000000

    i'm totally at a loss???????

    any help is greatly appreciated. bob

    bob h, Jun 3, 2006
  18. bob h

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Well, your problem description seems to be rather short but anyhow.
    On the web page describing stop errors I mentioned earlier, the last
    bulleted item pointed to this:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314859&sd=RMVP

    Does any of this apply to you? That is, are you using an "OEM"
    version of winxp? Or, what are you doing when F6 comes up? Are you
    pre-formating (or anything else) the drives?

    - HAL9000, Jun 3, 2006
  19. bob h

    bob h Guest

    I'm using my original copy of win xp pro, not an oem
    when I hit f 6 i load the nv raid drivers on the disk that were supplied
    by mfg.
    by the way It doesn't matter if i hit f 6 or not , the screen will go black,
    then start up again, starting winxp setup over again , then the bsod with
    these #'s

    bob h, Jun 4, 2006
  20. bob h

    bob h Guest

    now-- how do i get win xp pro to recognize Hitachi 250 gb hdd;s?
    i have used the ftool for Hitachi hdd;s

    bob h, Jun 4, 2006