win xp blue screen

Discussion in 'Abit' started by bob h, May 19, 2006.

  1. bob h

    - HAL9000 Guest

    Ok. And what about the hard disk? Or, the other things mentioned on
    the page? Is the problem you are having similar to what is described
    or different?

    What makes you think you are loading the correct device driver at F6?
    Reference your statement: "It doesn't matter if i hit f 6 or not". If
    you need a device driver, and you don't give it one, then obviously
    windows installation isn't going to find your disks and install the
    operating system.

    Have you tried the windows xp newsgroup?

    Did you try testing the memory as Tom suggested?

    What is the result of the check disk test you originally mentioned
    that windows installation recommended?

    In another thread, Jef found this for troubleshooting a 7b stop error:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324103

    Forrest

    Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
    http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

    - HAL9000, Jun 4, 2006

  2. bob h

    bob h Guest

    a little past 1/4 the way thru install, win xp states that it cant find any
    hdd"s so it will stop.
    the hitachi feature tool detects all 4 hdd's.
    is there a utility for partitioning a hdd in dos 7?
    i have not tested mem, it new and works fine
    my sys is this
    SAPPHIRE 100106SR-RD Radeon X850XT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card
    Antec true power 2 550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Toledo 2000MHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor
    Model ADA4400CDBOX - Retail
    CORSAIR XMS 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3500) Unbuffered
    Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX2048-3500C2PRO - Retail
    HITACHI Deskstar T7K250 HDT722525DLA380 (0A31636) 250GB 7200 RPM SATA
    3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
    ABIT AN8 32X Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI X16 ATX AMD Motherboard

    bob h, Jun 4, 2006

  3. bob h

    Womba

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I had the same problem with my computer ended up being the CD-ROM, once I replaced that everything worked fine.

    Womba, Jun 1, 2009
  4. bob h

    Guest.

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Let me put you out of your misery:

    Go into your BIOS.
    Look for something like:

    Config
    ->Serial ATA (SATA)
    It'll likely be set to "AHCI".
    Change it to "Compatability".

    Once you save the settings and reboot, Windows'll use a totally different set of drivers, and not give you any more issues.

    I appologise, because I don't know where the setting is exactly in YOUR bios, but this is where it would be if you had a Lenovo/IBM.

    Guest., Dec 22, 2009