    card with the AIW 8500 or AIW 9600 cards and still have the Media Center
    Edition features function properly?

    Thanks in advance.

    jerome, Aug 16, 2004

  2. jerome

    Agent777 Guest

    I have a Media Center PC (HP) and replaced a GeForce MX440 with an ATI card
    with no problem.

    Agent777, Aug 16, 2004

  3. jerome

    Paul Murphy Guest

    That'll be because the TV functionality is still being performed by the ATI
    eHome Wonder though won't it? The way Dell get the All In Wonder based MCE
    products to work is through a special driver - not sure if it works with
    cards below 9xxx series (ie the 8500 may be a no go). The OP should ask Dell
    and they should be willing to assist (although in my experience it may take
    a while to get someone with the required level of knowledge to answer
    questions such as this). www.xpmce.com forums may also have something on it.

    Paul

    Paul Murphy, Aug 16, 2004
  4. jerome

    Agent777 Guest

    No. It was just a plain 9600XT. NOT an All in Wonder. It has a separate
    input card for cable. Maybe Dell is dfferent.

    Agent777, Aug 16, 2004
  5. jerome

    J. Clarke Guest

    I'm not sure I see your point. The eHome Wonder should work with any video
    board that supports overlay.

    J. Clarke, Aug 16, 2004
  6. jerome

    Paul Murphy Guest

    <snip> >
    The ATI eHome Wonder *is* a separate TV Tuner card made especially for
    Windows XP MCE use - it even has hardware mpeg2 encoding as required to meet
    the MCE criteria. Its a little known product ATI has put out "in the
    background" but there is a webpage about it here:
    http://www.ati.com/products/ehome/index.html Note that it is an entirely
    different product to an All In Wonder and I understood that you weren't
    using an AIW - how could you be if you had an Nvidea card in your AGP slot.
    Since you took this out and put the Radeon in that hasn't affected the TV or
    MCE functionality because the TV card is still there unchanged - that was my
    point.

    Paul

    Paul Murphy, Aug 16, 2004