    require the use of a floppy (nice one HP don't supply a floppy and
    require one to update) any suggestions for that?

    Thanks

    John LaBella, Jun 6, 2009

  2. John LaBella

    John LaBella Guest

    I replaced the XP home with a real XP Pro I downloaded all of the
    drivers for the model from Compaq's site - went through the several
    hours of installing all of them followed by Most of the win Service
    packs (although I haven't installed SP3.) then Office then other
    applications I use on a frequent basis. It was only then I realised that
    the power option did not have all of the info it used to have (it used
    to indicate level of charge in the battery). Yes I did try selecting APM
    - I did check the installed devices - but there was no trace of anything
    about APM or ACPI. I downloaded a third party battery program - which
    did not show the prescence of ny batteries.

    I seem to think that something is missing or not installed (and I am at
    a loss on how to recover it) as when I disconnect the ac power I don't
    seem to see the same drop in screen brightness and slow down (I am
    thinking perhaps the SpeedStep function is missing). I have tried
    selecting various schema - max battery power etc in the power control
    applet - all to no avail.
    Thank you

    John LaBella, Jun 10, 2009