    It's more useful than you think, especially in threads like this one to
    quickly see who's talking. Sometimes just names or sigs are difficult to
    recognize.

    M-M, Dec 5, 2006

  2. Why do I need it? Unlike Windows, there are no viruses or spyware to
    infect my machine.

    Randall Ainsworth, Dec 5, 2006

  3. Steve Gary

    MacWarrior Guest

    Rockboy is too stupid to understand because he is a PC (l)user.

    MacWarrior, Dec 5, 2006
  4. When you now need to use two fingers instead of
    one, it's not just a matter of "old habits". That
    is a separate issue which I have slowly been
    improving on, though like you, I still don't have
    all the nifty shortcuts down.

    Steve

    Steve de Mena, Dec 5, 2006
  5. Steve de Mena, Dec 5, 2006
  6. For every laptop at my last two companies they buy
    a docking bay, and all have wireless builtin. It
    is so easy to bring my work Dell home and pop it
    into my laptop and use my 24" monitor, keyboard
    and mouse. (I bought a docking bay with my own
    money so I could have one at home too). Just my
    two cents. Thanks for the picture of the old
    docking bay from Apple, I had not seen that.

    Steve

    Steve de Mena, Dec 5, 2006
  7. That's fine for a semi-permanent installation, but
    do you disconnect it every day and take it to
    work, and reconnect it when you get to work? And
    then disconnect and reconnect it every time you go
    to a meeting at work? Docking bays come in handy
    for those on the move.

    Steve

    Steve de Mena, Dec 5, 2006
  8. Yeah...I'm feeling his pain.

    Randall Ainsworth, Dec 5, 2006
  9. Steve Gary

    Kurt Ullman Guest

    True. Although I do disconnect it maybe 3-4 times a month when I take
    it on trips, etc. Still takes less than three minutes to connect and
    another less than three to reconnect (and that includes the power plug,
    the ethernet connection and my speakers).

    Kurt Ullman, Dec 5, 2006
  10. Steve Gary

    Chad Bryant Guest

    He could save himself a world of trouble and install/run Linux, but he's
    proven time and time again to be far too stupid to attempt that task.

    Chad Bryant, Dec 5, 2006
  11. In a business include a security cable connection
    too, as if you leave a laptop unattended overnight
    good luck expecting it there in the morning. :(

    Steve

    Steve de Mena, Dec 5, 2006
  12. Steve Gary

    Kurt Ullman Guest

    I work out my home, so if my laptop disappears, the dog is SO in
    trouble (g).

    Kurt Ullman, Dec 5, 2006
  13. The use of all capital letters for "MAC" implies that is is an acronym,
    which it is not when you are referring to a Macintosh computer.

    Elden Fenison, Dec 6, 2006
  14. Steve Gary

    Hugh Watkins Guest

    the biggest problem with the MAC is dumb users
    especially use who don't read help files

    Hugh W

    --

    Beta blogger
    http://nanowrimo3.blogspot.com/ visiting my past

    old blogger
    http://hughw36.blogspot.com/ MAIN BLOG

    Hugh Watkins, Dec 6, 2006
  15. Steve Gary

    Hugh Watkins Guest

    MS have mactopia and know all about Mac OS X

    Mactopia Home Page. ... Newsletter. Subscribe to the Mactopia newsletter
    for monthly updates and the latest how-to articles. Subscribe for FREE ...
    www.microsoft.com/mac/

    Hugh W

    Hugh Watkins, Dec 6, 2006
  16. Steve Gary

    Rockboy Guest

    Did that years ago, we've been over this.

    Rockboy, Dec 6, 2006
  17. Steve Gary

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Yea, but I had an IBM computer that sold in the late '70s and had 256K RAM
    and 130 megabytes hard disk.
    Considering that a 10 megabyte internal hard drive sold for $4,500 in 1972 can
    you imagine what two 65 megabyte drives would have cost in 1977?
    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Barry OGrady, Dec 6, 2006
  18. Steve Gary

    Leythos Guest

    And if you were a MAC user it would imply that you have your head up
    your a$$ so far that you just want to pick a fight over the common name
    for the system that's been used for decades.

    Leythos, Dec 6, 2006
  19. Steve Gary

    Kurt Ullman Guest

    Of course, you don't have your head up yours for obstinately going
    against centuries of English usage on acronyms and abbreviations and
    general conventions of style, exactly why? Personally, I think this is
    kinda dumb on both sides, but at least the other guy has the above on
    his obsessive side...

    Kurt Ullman, Dec 6, 2006
  20. Steve Gary

    Leythos Guest

    And I know LOTs of people using them that write MAC when talking about
    their Apple computers, so, what does that tell you - Call it mac, MAC,
    Mac, Apple, etc.... it's all the same and anyone in the thread knows
    that MAC means the computer by Apple and not anything else. Only a troll
    would start a reply about MAC meaning anything else in this thread.

    Leythos, Dec 6, 2006