    and figure the OP of that part was trying to pull my chain. Much like I
    am doing now. However, I tire quickly of trollery (why I am not a better
    troll), so I will now signoff this particular thread of idiocy.

    Kurt Ullman, Dec 6, 2006

  2. Steve Gary

    Tim Streater Guest

    Only an ignorant dumbass thinks that MAC is the commonly used name for
    the Macintosh.

    -- tim

    Tim Streater, Dec 6, 2006

  3. We are all MAC users.
    MAC means Media Access Control. Every modern Mac has at least two MAC
    addresses - one for the ethernet port, and one for Airport. Most have
    one for Bluetooth as well.

    See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAC_address

    Anders Eklöf, Dec 6, 2006
  4. Steve Gary

    Leythos Guest

    LOL - Keep trolling.

    Leythos, Dec 6, 2006
  5. Steve Gary

    Mitch Guest

    That was the Duo set from 1992. Two models, small trackball (pre-CD and
    pre-trackpad), color screens. Very thin for the period.

    It wasn't the only set of docks Apple made, but I think it was the
    earliest. And third-party docks were made for models until around 1997,
    IIRC. I didn't look around after that.

    Mitch, Dec 7, 2006
  6. Steve Gary

    Wegie Guest

    And I know LOTs of people using them that write MAC when talking about
    their Apple computers, so, what does that tell you - Call it mac, MAC,
    Mac, Apple, etc.... it's all the same and anyone in the thread knows
    that MAC means the computer by Apple and not anything else. Only a troll
    would start a reply about MAC meaning anything else in this thread.[/QUOTE]

    incorrect. No Mac user ever uses MAC to designate their computer type.
    It's Mac, mac or Macintosh. NEVER EVER MAC, since that is a term
    reserved for networking, and totally unrelated to the product made by
    Apple.

    You are clearly in the wrong here, so just give up and admit you don't
    understand Macs.

    Wegie, Dec 7, 2006