Windows 2003 server Wireless lan driver for IBM ThinkPad R51

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by hyldgaard, Apr 29, 2005.

  1. hyldgaard

    hyldgaard Guest

    Hi,

    I've tried to install the Wireless driver for Windows XP on an IBM
    ThinkPad model R51 (type 2887-K2G), but the installation program shows
    the message:

    ERROR - OS Section not found in INI file [iProInst.ini]

    and exits.

    Unfortunately it is not possible from the IBM driver downloads to
    download drivers for Windows 2003 server (the automatic driver
    download/install software does not help either).

    If anyone knows howto hack the iProInst.ini file (or any other tips and
    tricks) to install the driver then please let me know!

    Best regards
    Thomas

    hyldgaard, Apr 29, 2005

  2. hyldgaard

    andres Guest

    Thomas, did you find a workaround?
    I am trying the same thing wih a Dell Inspiron XPS Gen 2
    regards,
    Baltico MCP

    andres, May 22, 2005

  3. hyldgaard