    back an old known good version for the C drive. This did not help.

    Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be? If so, please
    let me know. I am about to give up and get new computer.

    Bob, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Hi Bob,
    Could you try a different "good" monitor on the system? The
    problem may be with your monitor instead of the video card. If not,
    you may be having a problem with the AGP or PCI Bus on the
    motherboard.

    Silicon Alley Computers
    www.siliconalleycomputers.com

    Silicon Alley Computers, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Bob

    andthen Guest

    I've seen this happen when a monitor couldn't display the resolution the
    video card was putting out.

    andthen, Sep 9, 2004
  4. Bob

    Jim Phelps Guest

    Hi, The resolution is not suitable for the video card or monitor.
    Start in SAFE MODE and set the Video resolution to 640 X 480. That
    should get you going in Windows. Check the Video Card and monitor
    setup in System Manager and correct either or both. Reboot and you
    should be able to set the resolution you want. Luck, Jim

    Jim Phelps, Sep 9, 2004
  5. Bob

    tarl smith Guest

    Hi, Yes, You need to lower the refresh rate.

    This should fix the problem.

    Tarl

    tarl smith, Sep 9, 2004