    thought about an Inspiron 5000, and a Latitude C400. Beyond that I
    don't know. Anyone have any suggestions?
    TIA, RJ

    RJ, May 13, 2011

  2. RJ

    mike Guest

    Dells are nice for that kind of thing.
    I'd steer clear of the 5000. quirky and non standard parts.
    C-series is ok.
    Good news is that they made a zillion of them and they're generally
    available at yard sales for a buck or so.

    Assume you have your reasons for 98, but 2k is a much better option
    for most things.

    mike, May 15, 2011

  3. I have an L400 with W98. Battery's dead now though. wifi's a problam, I
    bought a Linksys PCMCIA card (this was 6yrs ago).

    Esra Sdrawkcab, May 19, 2011