    What can be done ???
    thanks for any suggestion
    michel

    Dauphin Vert, Mar 27, 2006

  2. Dauphin Vert

    wannabetech Guest

    It should be on the side of the case that the os came on. If its
    still in the original case then your ok. If not then ................

    wannabetech, Mar 27, 2006

  3. Dauphin Vert

    mac Guest

    Here is an excellent little app that might help (does not need to
    be installed). Select "Operating System" under "Software" to see the
    product key: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/siw.html
    Mac

    mac, Mar 27, 2006
  4. Dauphin Vert

    mac Guest

    Now that I think about it its too late for this to work for you now
    but its still an excellent little app.
    Mac

    mac, Mar 27, 2006
  5. Dauphin Vert

    Dauphin Vert Guest

    the solution could be found on the " Compaq FAQ " dated 23 jan 2006
    in the newsgroup "alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq"..
    The last Q/R povides three possibles keys.
    The fisrt one was O.K
    michel

    Dauphin Vert, Mar 29, 2006
  6. Dauphin Vert

    mac Guest

    On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 09:27:36 GMT, (Dauphin Vert) wrote:

    Yes, the one with the Message-ID: <wP2Bf.4$>
    I am glad to hear that you have solved your problem.
    Mac

    mac, Mar 31, 2006