    Have you got any idea of my problem please...

    Regards,
    Isabelle

    moi, Nov 26, 2004

  2. moi

    Ben Myers Guest

    There are differences in the hardware abstraction layer (HAL) between single and
    dual processor setups. Reinstall Windows 2000 Server? Or maybe somebody can
    explain the modules which need to be installed for dual processor. Does the
    Kayak BIOS recognize both processors as present? ... Ben.Myers

    Ben Myers, Nov 26, 2004

  3. moi

    moi Guest

    Hello,

    I have installed the second processor by using the different jumpers present
    in the second processor (a soltek; the first one is a real intel).

    They have the same caracteristics (P III 667/256/133/1.65V)

    Now my computer boots but windows 2000 server only see one processor even if
    I have changed the ACPI Monoprocessor to ACPI multiprocessor.

    Can we see if both processors are visibles in the BIOS ?
    Do I have to switch to MPS Multiprocessor?

    Thank you.

    moi, Nov 28, 2004
  4. moi

    Meekumsfink Guest

    Meekumsfink, Nov 29, 2004
  5. moi

    moi Guest

    Thank you for your help.

    I had seen this link and I did it but it didn't work :/
    I noticed that when I have the second processor plugged, there's the
    caracter '_' visible at the top left corner, just before I can see the
    windows 2000 boot logo but in windows I can't see my second processor, even
    if I changed my ACPI Monoprocessor to ACPI Multiprocessor ...

    Do I have to test the MPS Multiprocessor ?
    HP doesn't really want to help me :/

    moi, Nov 29, 2004