Windows fails Install on A8N-SLI Deluxe

Discussion in 'Asus' started by DVDGage, Oct 7, 2006.

  1. DVDGage

    DVDGage

    I have the following setup:

    Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe

    Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2 2GB
    Maxtor Maxline III 7V250F0 250GB Serial ATA 3Gb 7200RPM Hard Drive w/16MB Buffer

    Asus Extreme N6600GT GeForce 6600GT PCI Express

    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Processor Socket 939

    Windows Install keeps failing install about 17% into the file copy, right after driver.cab is installed. I have tried 4 different widows install discs (all new and original). multiple CD or DVD drives, multiple SATA cables. Also tried with a new WD SATA HD and even bought a 2nd Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe MoBo. Install always dies right around the same place and gives me an error that windows could not copy file to hard drive. Would I like to retry, skip or cancel installation.

    Same error no matter what components are interchanged. Only components not switched out are the CPU and the RAM

    DVDGage, Oct 7, 2006
  2. DVDGage

    DVDGage

    bump thanks