Windows Journal, Dual-Monitor, Pen Tablet

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by eddie, Feb 21, 2007.

  1. eddie

    eddie Guest

    Hello,

    There appears to be a problem using the eraser and lasso tool in Windows
    Journal using a Wacom pen tablet (Intuos 3 with latest driver for Vista) on
    a dual monitor system w/ a fresh install of Vista Business.

    When using the eraser or lasso, the cursors appear where they are supposed
    to be, however the actual point of erasing and selection are about 300
    pixels to the left. Note that there is no problem when using the pen to
    write - only the eraser and lasso tool. Also note that this only happens
    when my system is on dual-monitor mode. If I change modes to only a single
    monitor, the problem goes away and everything works as it should. Finally,
    this problem does not occur when using a mouse (either a regular one, or the
    one that came with the tablet).

    Anybody else experiencing this problem, or where could I submit this as a
    possible bug to Microsoft?

    Thanks in advance.

    eddie, Feb 21, 2007

  2. eddie

    Chris H. Guest

    Haven't seen the issue here, Eddie, but do you have the latest Wacom drivers
    installed AND the latest graphics drivers available from the manufacturer of
    your Tablet? Don't rely on Windows/Microsoft Update to feed you the most
    current (specific to your model) drivers.

    Chris H., Feb 21, 2007

  3. eddie

    eddie Guest

    Yes, I have the latest drivers installed for my Wacom pen tablet and my
    graphics driver (currently using a desktop and not a tablet PC).

    eddie, Feb 21, 2007
  4. eddie

    Chris H. Guest

    You're using Vista on a desktop? So you're using a Wacom writing pad, and
    not a Tablet PC, with a pen?

    Chris H., Feb 21, 2007
  5. eddie

    eddie Guest

    That is correct. As I have read, Vista (Desktop) with a pen tablet (writing
    tab) functions as a Tablet PC so I posted in both Vista.General as well as
    here.

    Thanks

    eddie, Feb 21, 2007
  6. eddie

    Chris H. Guest

    Hmmm. Sorry, I don't have an external writing pad here. Hopefully someone
    else will have a similar setup and be able to assist you.

    Chris H., Feb 21, 2007
  7. Eddie-

    I have the same problem, just as you described it, with dual monitor
    desktop, Wacom Graphire3 and Vista Ultimate. Did not have this problem with
    XP.

    Wacom posted a new driver for Graphire on 2/13. Maybe there is one for your
    model, too.
    Wacom Technology - Driver Downloads
    http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/select.cfm

    Let us know if that fixes it. Otherwise, Microsoft and Wacom need to get
    together and fix this. It renders Journal useless to Wacom desktop users --
    and Journal is cool.

    mjh

    www.mjhinton.com/vista/

    mark justice hinton, Feb 23, 2007
  8. eddie

    eddie Guest

    Hi Mark,

    Yep, I am experiencing this issue with the latest drivers installed for the
    Wacom Intuos 3 (v 6.00-5b, 12/7/06). Glad to hear that I'm not the only
    one!

    Thanks

    eddie, Feb 23, 2007
  9. Eddie-

    I just installed the latest Graphire3 driver (5.x, 2/13/07) and also still
    have the same problem in Journal. I hope someone from Microsoft or Wacom
    notices and cares.

    mjh

    http://www.mjhinton.com/vista/

    mark justice hinton, Feb 24, 2007
  10. eddie

    eddie Guest

    Just FYI, still having the same issues with the latest Intuos3 driver
    released on 2/27/07 (v. 6.02-1).

    eddie, Mar 16, 2007
  11. eddie

    jphi Guest

    Have the exact same problem with graphire4

    jphi, Mar 17, 2007
  12. eddie

    EMRhelp.org Guest

    These are typical problems with the Wacom devices. I had the same
    problem a few years back with Windows 2000 and I had to update to the
    latest drivers to fix the issue. Wacom needs to fix the driver.

    EMRhelp.org, Mar 18, 2007