1. This forum section is a read-only archive which contains old newsgroup posts. If you wish to post a query, please do so in one of our main forum sections (here). This way you will get a faster, better response from the members on Motherboard Point.

Windows Journal Note Templates Can't be moved

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by LuAnnL, Feb 9, 2004.

1. LuAnnL

LuAnnL Guest

I do "low level" technical support for a group of new Tablet PC users. Toshiba Portege, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

We're storing all user-created Journal Notes in the "My Notes" folder. On MOST of the PC's , I've been able to create a template subfolder and move all of the templates into this subfolder. (So the users don't have to wade through the list of templates when they first open "My Notes."

On some of the PC's the templates cannot be moved or deleted. I get a message that the template is in use. ... even though no Windows Journal notes are open. Has anyone else seen this? Are there any workarounds? Unfortunately, this tends to happen on the PC's of my least-technical users. (The ones who need subfolders created for them and who don't understand what all those ".jtp" files are doing in their My Notes folder)

LuAnnL, Feb 9, 2004
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question