    reintallation dvd but I can't get pass the Administrator password. Ive
    double check that the password is correct in the bios. any suggestions?

    Brad

    Brad, May 17, 2007

  2. Brad

    Ben Myers Guest

    The BIOS password and the Administrator password are two different animals,
    completely unrelated.

    To remove the Administrator password, get Petter Nordahl-Hagen's Offline NT
    Password & Registry Editor.

    http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

    Download either the bootable CD or bootable floppy image, make up the bootable
    medium and run it. What you will see is easy to follow Linux command line
    instructions.

    As for the 7B error, search for it with Google, along with the first of the
    following hex codes... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, May 17, 2007

  3. Brad

    Brad Guest

    Thanks Ben, didn't need to download the Editor, you joggled my memory
    that the two were different and I remembered my password, more of a
    process of elimination...

    I Googled the error code last night, only the error code came up with
    anything, hex codes were of no help.

    Brad, May 17, 2007
  4. Brad

    Ben Myers Guest

    Try 0x0000007B with google... Ben

    Ben Myers, May 17, 2007
  5. The 0000007B stop means a problem with the disk subsystem. Any changes,
    anything new, anything getting flaky, etc.?

    Sparky Spartacus, May 17, 2007
  6. Brad

    Brad Guest

    Things had been flaky for awhile, back in January I upgraded to IE7 and
    then Adobe wanted me to update to reader 8 something went wrong and the
    system locked up. I rebooted from the power button and got a blue
    screen, then rebooted again and got the message Windows had recovered
    from a major failure.

    Since that failure, I have been drove crazy by an IE error message that
    pops up a dozen times a day, saying IE needs to close, IE doesn't have
    to be running, nor does it close when you close out the error message.
    From that point I tried to use restore to a time about 3 weeks earlier
    and I get a message that restore did not change settings, no matter what
    date I use prior to the January failure.

    Also since that time, I have not been able to use the web based DEll pc
    checkup, Error states I need to be running IE 6 or newer, which I am but
    doesn't recognize it. I had run diagnostics and all hardware tested ok.

    Then yesterday I got into a web page that started one of those
    replicating popup windows. Trend Micro kept poping up warnings all over
    the place, but it ended up locking up the system and when I rebooted I
    got the 7B error.....lucky I had backed up my computer about a week ago,
    so not much personal stuff has been lost.

    I ended up screwing up things more after following a googled solutions,
    so now im at trying to reinstall XP, but have run into another problem.

    I have raid1 setup on the computer, when I get to the place in the
    install where windows extracts the files on the newly formatted
    partition and then needs to reboot to continue, instead of continuing
    the install it starts all over again with setup.........what am I doing
    wrong?

    Brad

    Brad, May 18, 2007
  7. Brad

    Brad Guest

    Never mind! I figured it out, had a modem and coax cable still attached
    to the computer, removed them and setup went fine.....

    Brad, May 18, 2007