    For those that know about this very common problem, has anyone ever
    solved it? ie, can they actually fix it without having to reinstall
    windows?.

    I tried deleting jgogo.sys - no dice - hangs at mup.sys
    I tried removing the registery enteries (lots of Jmicro crap there to
    ditch) - no dice

    If jmicro and its jgogo crap is present in my system, then - it will
    boot fine. If either the registery entry, or the .sys is gone - no go.
    Why do i want it removed - because it clashes with my adaptec card.
    (adaptec is parked until i get this hiddeous thing off my HD)

    with the registery entry removed, Windows boots, hits the splash
    screen and restarts - endless loop. In safe mode - hits jgogo.sys and
    restarts - so my machine is now just like the other 500 million crap
    jmicro boxes around the world. I too am unable to fix it without
    reinstalling the os.
    any help much appreciated

    steve

    Steve, Aug 25, 2009

  2. Steve

    sencaw

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2009
    Messages:
    20
    Likes Received:
    0
    welcome to the club - you are now an official jgog member!

    sencaw, Sep 1, 2009

  3. Steve

    Shrek

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    This is what I did

    Hello, I had the same problem on boot, pc freezing at jgogo.sys than restarting a couple minutes later.

    I booted into recovery console from the windows cd and disabled the jgogo.sys by typing the command disable jgogo. I did this because the drives was causing the windows repair to fail.

    I than run a windows reopair and succeeded and back to normal with the jgogo.sys still disabled I have had no issues.

    Cheers

    Shrek :)

    Shrek, Oct 13, 2009