Windows safe mode and P4C800 Deluxe. How?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by CeeBee, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. CeeBee

    CeeBee Guest

    If I boot up with a P4C800 Deluxe I can't get into Windows XP safe mode.
    Hitting F8 gives me a list of boot devices, and not the XP menu to
    select safe mode.

    I've been searching around BIOS for a setup on that but obviously I am
    missing something. How do I boot up in safe mode with the P4C800?

    Thanks,

    --
    CeeBee

    Archer: "Houdini could get out of this."
    T'Pol: "Perhaps you should invite him on your next mission."

    Picard: "Mr. Worf, do you know Gilbert and Sullivan?"
    Worf: "No sir, I have not had a chance to meet all the new crew members
    since I have been back."

    CeeBee, Sep 2, 2004

  2. CeeBee

    Formerprof Guest

    You're hitting F8 too soon; that invokes -- as you've discovered -- the BIOS
    boot menu. Try hitting F8 a few times the instant the machine starts to boot
    from the hard disk -- a trifle after the "hit ESC to boot" message ends. HTH

    formerprof

    Formerprof, Sep 2, 2004

  3. CeeBee

    CeeBee Guest